I voted a few days ago. Now that it’s all over but the shouting (and the analysis, and the talking heads, and the last minute stuffing of policy into the system by Bush for Bush’s successor to unravel, and the pardons, and the….) I wanted to encourage everyone who hasn’t voted to please do so.
I made a decision early on to keep my politics out of here for this election. Just too many divisive and polarized positions, I didn’t feel like wading into that particular mosh pit.
But I will note, now that it’s basically over, that I voted:
- For Obama
- Against McCain
- Against the Republican Agenda more than for the Democratic one
- Against Prop 8 and for my gay friends to be given the ability to have the life they want, if they want it
- Against BART to San Jose, because it’s far too expensive — I’d rather see light rail connect up to BART in Fremont
- For high speed rail to LA, because one of the biggest mistakes we made years ago as a country was going car centric, and we need to build alternative infrastructures to either driving or flying
- Against any Santa Clara councilman that was against the 49er stadium, but for the candidates who said they were for it, but only to the degree it made financial sense
- against most of the bonds, because I’m just not in the mood to encourage government to pull out the credit card again
- against Prop 2, because whatever you think of the need for humane treatment of animals in the food industry, the initiative process is the wrong place to legislate that
However you vote is fine by me. Just vote.