Here are some items I found today that I thought you’d find interesting.
Search This Site
Silicon Valley veteran doing Technical Community Management. Photographer with a strong interest in birds, wildlife and nature who is exploring the Western states and working to tell you the stories of the special places I've found.
Author and Blogger. They are not the same thing. Sports occasionally spoken here, especially hockey. Veteran of Sun, Apple, Palm, HP and now Infoblox, plus some you've never heard of. They didn't kill me, they made me better.
Person with opinions, and not afraid to share them. Debate team in high school and college; bet that's a surprise.
You should click on this. Really.
We pay for this site thanks to our sponsors. If you found this page interesting, we ask that you consider clicking through this ad to amazon.com and buying yourself something. It costs you nothing, but Amazon will pay me some money when you buy through this link.
That helps me keep this site free for all to use, and helps fund the time it takes to write and maintain the site. Without the kind people who buy things through my sponsors, this site wouldn't exist. You were going to buy that thing anyway, so why not buy it and help us keep the site up and running and without those nasty ads that get in your face when you go to some of the other sites
More to Read
- Some Thoughts on Lightroom Keywords
- How not to be a doofus with a camera
- Beyond 'Vacation Snaps'
- A teachable moment (or why I love birding, even when I make a fool of myself)
- Sherman, set the wayback machine to…
- An audience of one....
- Talking about 'Stuff'
- What I do for a living…
- 50 reasons Why I Haven’t Been Blogging
Want more? Try this list...
New on the Blog
- Hugh Daniel Memorial info
- Flag Day
- That was Steve, This is Now. And We’re Just Getting Started
- Tales to Inspire A New Generation of Developers
- 2013 Playoffs, stanley cup finals edition
- Calaveras Bald Eagle Nest 2013
- A quick anecdote about life at Palm…
- It was four years ago today….
- Quick note for folks who know Hugh Daniel
- Getting started in bird photography: Choose Your Weapons
Rent Gear at Borrowlenses
Don't buy that gear before trying it out! Renting a lens you're considering buying is a great investment in saving yourself from buyer's remorse!
And if it's a piece or gear you aren't going to use constantly, renting it when you need it is a great way to save money, and I highly recommend Borrowlenses as a place to rent high quality, well-maintained gear.