Every so often, I think it makes sense to send out a general “where you can find me” not to remind folks of the various services we can connect on and where I’m spending my time when I’m not blogging (or as seems the case recently, instead of blogging).
This is especially true because I’m making some changes and so it needs to be updated. The current list can always be found on the Contact Chuq social media page on the web site.
Recent changes: I am no longer pointing to Facebook as a primary place to contact me. I’m spending less and less time over there, and I find it less and less of an interesting place. At the same time, I’m spending more time and doing new things over on Google+. I’ve also deleted any link to Quora, because, well, so has pretty much the rest of the universe. It seems to be a site that keeps you engaged for a few weeks, and then a month goes by and you realize you haven’t checked in — and that you don’t care.
I’m also pre-announcing the next generation of my Stuff You’ll Find Interesting experiment. the current Tumblr experiment was an improvement in most ways on the first generation, but had its own quirks and challenges (rendering problems on mobile devices, in many cases, too many clicks to get to content, a few other issues).
The new system is built around a Google+ Page where I’ll be posting my finds and commentary on them, and the Twitter Account @CollatingLife which will also get links with a more Twitter friendly limited commentary.
I’ll be managing geting the content in the right place via Hootsuite, because I’ve found even in a ‘simple’ social media environment as my personal one, I’ve hit that point where I really want an administrative dashboard to coordinate everything. There’s probably an editorial in that reality somewhere…. I’ll go into more details on the new! improved! (hopefully) setup once it all settles down. I do think it resolves the primary criticisms of the Tumblr setup you folks had — hopefully without creating new! improved! problems to criticize… But let me know what you think as we shake this all down together…
For what it’s worth, I thought Tumblr was a nice system and the setup worked pretty well — but setting it up and running it for a while made it clear to me I wanted to do some things differently. The main change is moving the administration and control to a dashboard where I have more flexibility and I can let them worry about tying everything together and keeping the interconnections running. I could have done this new generation on Tumblr as well, but I’m really liking how Google+ is evolving and this means one less system for me to have to keep track of, and simplification is usually a good thing…
Send Me an Email
- Want to send me email? You can at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s Stay Connected
There are plenty of ways we can stay connected. Here are the places you can find me out on the internet:
- You can Subscribe to this site via RSS or via Twitter
- You can Follow me on Twitter. Most of what I do is posted to this feed
- You can add me to a circle on Google+
- I post many of my photos on Flickr
- I founded the Bird Photography Community on Google+, where we show off our best work, and we critique images and share knowledge on making better images
- You should also check out my Bird Photography Today on Google+, where I curate out the best images out of the Bird Photography group and elsewhere on G+, and am experimenting with sharing other information of interest to Bird Photographers that I find
- Last but not least, my experiment in content curation, Stuff You’ll Like on Google+, where I’m running an extended experiment in ways to curate the firehose of internet content into a stream of interesting and useful information. You can also get this by following CollatingLife on Twitter
But wait! There’s more!
I’m also involved in a number of other communities on the net. Feel free to track me down on one of these and say hi:
- You can find me on Facebook (for now. I am spending less and less time here)
- Should we connect on Linkedin?
- I’m the moderator for South Bay Birds on Yahoo Groups, which is where birdwatchers in Santa Clara County share information. You’ll also find me in Peninsula Birding which covers San Mateo county. And once in a while on many of the birding lists here in California.
- If I haven’t bored you yet, I contribute to Photo Stack Exchange
The Old Fashioned Way
If you need to send me paper mail, you can do so at:
Chuq Von Rospach
2784 Homestead Road #210
Santa Clara, CA 95051
If you need to call me, well, email me for my phone number.