Welcome to the 6FPS Newsletter
Thanks for your interest in the 6FPS mailing list. I want to give you some information about the list so you know what to expect when you subscribe.
6FPS is a newsletter written, curated and published by me, Chuq Von Rospach. Not surprisingly, it’s content matches my interests. In general, I expect each issue to be half about photography in some way, with the rest of each issue covering a diverse set of topics that include birds, wildlife and our natural/green spaces, high technology and silicon valley, science, and whatever else catches my attention.
All we need is your email to get started
(type in your email here and hit return. The server will send you an email to confirm your subscription before adding you to the mailing list)
Each issue will have one or two longer essays on different topics, pointers to a set of items I think you’ll find interesting, and other things I think you’ll find worth exploring. I will also be showing off my new images, videos and training materials for list subscribers first, plus I plan to make available subscribe-only content like tutorials and wallpapers. I also love doing reviews and you’ll be able to access those via the list first.
My goal with 6FPS is to present to you on a regular basis a small set of high quality pieces of content that will entertain, educate and occasionally inspire you. Rather than get into the rat race of trying to constantly bombard you with content to get your attention (which I think leads to so much mediocre and forgettable material), my goal is to publish less often, but share something that I’ll be proud of and you’ll always be looking forward to.
My goal is simple: to become that thing that makes you drop everything else when it arrives. That may be the hardest job on the internet, but I think you and all of my readers are worth trying to reach that goal.
Who is Chuq Von Rospach
If you’ve never heard of me before, here’s a short introduction: I started working in the high
technology industry in Silicon Valley in the 1980s and worked for a number of companies that were important parts of making Silicon Valley a dominant force in technology: I did 17 years at Apple, as well as stint at Sun Microsystems, National Semiconductor, Palm and Cisco as well as various startups.
Away from work my interests include photography, mostly landscape, wildlife and birds; I’m very involved with the places birds and wildlife exist and the protection of those spaces for them and for future generations. I’ve been an active birdwatcher for over a decade and I’m involved with a couple groups here in the Bay Area that support those activities, including chairing two committees for the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society and leading outings to find birds in various locations around the county and state.
Is 6FPS for you?
Is 6FPS for you? Are you a photographer? Do you shoot birds, landscapes or other nature photography images? Are you interested in exploring and/or protecting out natural areas and open spaces? Are you curious about Silicon Valley, how it got to be what it is today, and how that impacts your life?
Help me entertain you
I feel that the way to make this list the best I can for everyone is to understand what people want to get and what interests them, so I would like to ask you a favor.
Please let me know what you like about each issue and what you don’t. Reader feedback is crucial to helping me understand what to do more or and what to not do in future issues. I want to hear back from you so I can better along what content I put in each issue with what the users want to get.
If you have things you want me to share in the newsletter, please send them to me. I can’t promise to use everything I get, but I will promise to take a look and consider it for a future issue.
Here is where you can access previous issues of 6FPS.
- E-Bikes and Accessibility… (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n15, September 10, 2019)
- I have this Cunning Plan… (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n14, August 5, 2019)
- When do you know when to call it? (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n13, July 16, 2019)
- A Raft of Otters (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n12, June 5, 2019)
- Yosemite, Putting Nature First (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n11, May 14, 2019)
- Kill Your Mentor (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n10, March 18, 2019)
- The Elephant Seals of Piedras Blancas (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n9, February 11, 2019)
- Twitter is over (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n8, January 20, 2019)
- Pro Tip: Don’t Drop Your Camera (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n7, January 5, 2019)
- Gathering of the Clans (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n6, November 26, 2018)
- Trophy Hunting (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n5, November 5, 2018)
- Appreciating Life (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n4, October 4, 2018)
- Mentors are the new hot thing (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n3, September 4, 2018)
- I Rant about Photography Writing (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n2, August 18, 2018)
- The Failure of Social Media (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n1, August 4, 2018)
- Welcome! (V0n0)
Unsubscribing from 6FPS
If you ever choose to unsubscribe from 6FPS you can do so from the link at the bottom of every issue, or by using this form.
If you’ll go, we’ll miss you, but I won’t be like many places and try to guilt you into staying. I understand this won’t be the right thing for everyone. I would, if you wish, like to hear from you why you left so I can try to understand how to improve what I’m doing.
Subscribe To 6fps
6FPS is the way to stay in touch and subscribe to 6FPS. Coming out about twice a month, it's the only way to keep up with all that I'm doing on the various services across the network.