Welcome to the 6FPS Newsletter
This newsletter is published once a month, usually the 2nd Monday of every month. It is free, with no strings attached. You can subscribe via the box to the left, and leave at any time.
(type in your email here and hit return. The server will send you an email to confirm your subscription before adding you to the mailing list)
My goal with 6FPS is to present to you on a regular basis a small set of high quality pieces of content that will entertain, educate and occasionally inspire you, to help you find the things worth looking at without having to try to find them in the firehose of information the net sprays at us every day. I curate away the fluff and the fat so you don’t have to spend the time doing so.
I’ve succeeded if you look forward to every issue and enjoy your time reading it.
Who is Chuq Von Rospach
If you’ve never heard of me before, here’s a short introduction: I started working in the high
technology industry in Silicon Valley in the 1980s and worked for a number of companies that were important parts of making Silicon Valley a dominant force in technology: I did 17 years at Apple, as well as stint at Sun Microsystems, National Semiconductor, Palm and Cisco as well as various startups.
Away from work my interests include photography, mostly landscape, wildlife and birds; I’m very involved with the places birds and wildlife exist and the protection of those spaces for them and for future generations. I’ve been an active birdwatcher for over a decade and I’m involved with a couple groups here in the Bay Area that support those activities, including chairing two committees for the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society and leading outings to find birds in various locations around the county and state.
Is 6FPS for you?
Is 6FPS for you? Are you a photographer? Do you shoot birds, landscapes or other nature photography images? Are you interested in exploring and/or protecting out natural areas and open spaces? Are you curious about Silicon Valley, how it got to be what it is today, and how that impacts your life?
Help me entertain you
I feel that the way to make this list the best I can for everyone is to understand what people want to get and what interests them, so I would like to ask you a favor.
Please let me know what you like about each issue and what you don’t. Reader feedback is crucial to helping me understand what to do more or and what to not do in future issues. I want to hear back from you so I can better along what content I put in each issue with what the users want to get.
If you have things you want me to share in the newsletter, please send them to me. I can’t promise to use everything I get, but I will promise to take a look and consider it for a future issue.
Here is where you can access previous issues of 6FPS. New issues are posted here within two weeks of their being distributed to subscribers.
2020 (Volume 2)
- I’m More than a Dancing Monkey (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V2n4, May 11, 2020)
- Staying Safer at Home (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V2n4, May 11, 2020)
- Covid-19 Chronicles (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V2n3, April 13, 2020)
- I Wrote a Book! (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V2n2, March 23, 2020)
- … Finding Ways to Impact the Future (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V2n1, February 9, 2020)
2018-2019 (Volume 1)
- … And a Happy New Year! (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n18, January 1, 2020)
- Apple’s Research App (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n17, November 25, 2019)
- Feeding the Muse (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n16, October 13, 2019)
- E-Bikes and Accessibility… (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n15, September 10, 2019)
- I have this Cunning Plan… (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n14, August 5, 2019)
- When do you know when to call it? (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n13, July 16, 2019)
- A Raft of Otters (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n12, June 5, 2019)
- Yosemite, Putting Nature First (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n11, May 14, 2019)
- Kill Your Mentor (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n10, March 18, 2019)
- The Elephant Seals of Piedras Blancas (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n9, February 11, 2019)
- Twitter is over (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n8, January 20, 2019)
- Pro Tip: Don’t Drop Your Camera (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n7, January 5, 2019)
- Gathering of the Clans (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n6, November 26, 2018)
- Trophy Hunting (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n5, November 5, 2018)
- Appreciating Life (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n4, October 4, 2018)
- Mentors are the new hot thing (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n3, September 4, 2018)
- I Rant about Photography Writing (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n2, August 18, 2018)
- The Failure of Social Media (and more): 6FPS by Chuq (V1n1, August 4, 2018)
- Welcome! (V0n0)
Unsubscribing from 6FPS
If you ever choose to unsubscribe from 6FPS you can do so from the link at the bottom of every issue, or by using this form.
If you’ll go, we’ll miss you, but I won’t be like many places and try to guilt you into staying. I understand this won’t be the right thing for everyone. I would, if you wish, like to hear from you why you left so I can try to understand how to improve what I’m doing.
Subscribe To 6fps
6FPS is the way to stay in touch and subscribe to 6FPS. Coming out about twice a month, it's the only way to keep up with all that I'm doing on the various services across the network.